Join the surgery

Register with the surgery

We warmly welcome new patients to the practice.  You can register with Moulton Surgery if you live within our practice catchment area.

You can check if you live within this area by using our postcode checker opposite.

You can also register at our Waterside Campus Surgery if you are a student at the University of Northampton and are undertaking a course at Waterside Campus.

Please note: We do not take any new patient registration forms at the Surgery until after 11am. This is to help with the demand at the front desk and to avoid queues for our patients.

For registration purposes you will be allocated to one of our Partners.  Although this is your registered GP to whom information about you will be sent, you are free to see any doctor that you wish.  If you are over the age of 75 years or have complex health needs, you will have a named GP who will be responsible for co-ordinating the care that you receive.  Your named GP may be different to your registered GP.

Find out with GPs you can register with on the NHS website.

Practice Boundary

Your address is within the catchment area.
Your address is outside of the catchment area.
Address not found.

To register with the surgery:


When you visit the practice to register please bring two forms of identification with you (For University students you will also need your UoN ID).  One form of identification needs to be either your passport a driving licence displaying your photo, the other needs to confirm your current address such as a utility bill or bank statement.  The utility bill must be less than 3 months old.  We can not complete your registration without these forms of identification.

If you are an overseas student you must also bring confirmation that you are studying on a course lasting over 6 months and a copy of your visa.

When you register, it’s helpful to have your NHS number. You can use the NHS website to find your NHS number.

Overseas residents & international students

To be eligible for free NHS care you need to be in one of the following categories:

  • Be a UK or EU citizen
  • A citizen of a country with a full reciprocal arrangement
  • A student on a course due to last over 6 months
  • A spouse or dependant of someone fitting one of the eligibility above

Countries with a reciprocal arrangement

Anguilla Germany Portugal
Australia Gibralter Romania
Austria Greece Russia
Belgium Iceland Spain
British Virgin Island Isle of Man St Helena
Bulgaria Italy Sweden
Channel Islands Liechtenstein Turks & Caicos Islands
Denamark Luxenbourg Former Yugoslavia
Falkland Islands Netherlands Former USSR except Latvia
Finland New Zealand  
France Norway


Accessing someone else’s information

As a parent, family member or carer, you may be able to access services for someone else. We call this having proxy access. We can set this up for you if you are both registered with us.

To requests proxy access, please contact our admin team on 01604 644126 or message us via AccuRx

Linked profiles in your NHS account

 Once proxy access is set up, you can access the other person’s profile in your NHS account, using the NHS App or website.

The NHS website has information about using linked profiles to access services for someone else.

Accountable GP

From 1st April 2015, practices are required to allocate all patients (including children) with a named accountable GP.

The named GP is responsible for the coordination and delivery of all appropriate services, where required based on clinical judgement, to each of their patients.

  • Patients do not need to see their named GP when they book an appointment with the practice.
  • Patients are entitled to choose to see any GP or nurse in the practice.